Contact Info

Click HERE to email or call (334)558-5352 to place orders.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

83!

No, that's not the number of orders I currently have, but I think it's close! Ha! We celebrated my grandfather's (aka Paw Paw) 83rd birthday on Sunday with a SURPRISE party. And was he surprised!! Here he is as we
all yelled "Surprise!" ...


Mary Katherine hurried over to give him a big hug!


And all the others followed! Where's Waldo - I mean Paw Paw?!


Aside from mailing invitations and coordinating who did what, I started doing actual party STUFF on Friday night. I MADE this super duper cute birthday banner - and no, Lanie, I don't have a Cricket (?) - I used my small sized Pyrex bowl to trace and cut each individual circle by hand.


Next, birthday hats! A must, right?! Again, no Cricket (which has been added to my Christmas list BTW). I wanted the party to be fun for the kids, but didn't want it to be too kiddy since it was for Paw Paw. I decided on crowns for everyone.

Here's the special birthday crown...


And the other crowns for the kids which also doubled as decoration for the kid's table.


I actually used one of my applique designs as a template for the crowns!! The simple tiara design was perfect. I used Sew What Pro (couldn't live, or at least monogram/applique, without it!), brought the digital design up on my computer screen, traced onto a white piece of paper, then transferred to my craft paper. I felt sorta smart for coming up with such a good idea!!

Then comes the food! Y-U-M!!!


Thanks to my *sweet* friend Saundra for the awesome cupcakes! If you're in need of a custom cake for any occasion, cupcakes, etc. give her a holler. Look for more from this *sweet* friend coming soon (remember the big blog change/surprise I've been talking about - hint, hint!)



I just love the color coordination!!!

One last PLUG ... Mary Katherine's party outfit. Yep, you guessed it. Custom designed and sewn by Turkey Tales!


We had a wonderful time at the party! Lots of family, lots of kids, and beautiful weather! Thank you to everyone who helped make Paw Paw's birthday so special!! Special thanks to Ms. Teresa :)


We love you Paw Paw!

No comments:

Post a Comment